At Green Apple we are passionate about the level of quality Education and Care that we provide and believe that all children learn through play (indoors and outdoors), example, interaction and teaching.
At Green Apple Nursery we recognise the importance of each child’s health and well-being and aim to promote and achieve this through our daily practices. Children will be encouraged to develop respect, learn to share, learn to be kind, fair and develop good manners.
Green Apple Nursery- Aims and Objectives
- To provide a stimulating, safe and caring environment for children aged 6 weeks to those not yet attending school.
- To promote children’s interest in learning through promoting their desire to learn and experiment in an active learning environment.
- To form positive relationships with parents and carers, ensuring we meet the needs of individual children.
- Fully involve the parents in the decision making of the care and education that their child receives at Green Apple Nursery.
- To promote the development of children’s intellectual, physical, social and emotional needs.
- To track, record and share children’s progress, developments and achievements.
- To encourage outdoor learning on a daily basis in all weathers, where planned learning experiences will take place.
- To consistently provide in house training or training through the local authority to increase and extend staff knowledge and skills.
- To liase with local schools and the local community to share good practice.
- To monitor, self-evaluate and improve our service to ensure our children and parents are getting the highest quality standard of care.
Green Apple Nursery sees your child’s Health and Well-being as a matter of importance therefore will only provide healthy lunches and snacks, whilst encouraging daily exercise.
Green Apple Nursery will provide a secure, caring and stimulating environment where children are treated as individuals and feel respected, valued and confident.
Each child will be encouraged to progress, learn and develop a sense of self through learning experiences provided and resources made available to them.
In planning the curriculum (Pre-birth to 3 and A Curriculum for Excellence) we will work towards incorporating positive opportunities for all children reflecting diversity and addressing issues of race, culture, gender and disability offering each child equal access to support, development and learning.
Green Apple Nursery is committed to providing a high quality childcare service for you and your child in anti-discriminatory surroundings in the following ways:
- We will treat you and your child with respect and courtesy at all times.
- We will promote good relationships between parents/carers and the staff, respecting and valuing your view as the prime carer of your child, and involving you in all discussions about your child.
- We will hold regular meetings to discuss your child’s progress with you and any involved professionals.
- We will provide you with written information about the service you and your child will be receiving.
- We will respect and pay due regards to each child’s individual needs taking into account their race, gender, ethnicity, language and disability.
We will provide surroundings where every child feels confident, secure and valued as an individual.